Trustee Roles and Responsibilities
Trustee and Governance
Who the course is for
The course will be suitable for anyone who is a new or potential trustee wishing to understand the roles and responsibilities required for the different roles on a Board.
For existing trustees this would also be a worthwhile refresher session to ensure understanding of current legislation.
This one day course will look at:
- Different types of organisations
- Expectations of trustees of any charity
- Overview of legal responsibilities
- Trustee Roles
- Skills and Qualities of a Trustee
Participants completing this course will:
- Understand the different types of voluntary organisations
- Be aware of the changing roles of trustee boards and the requirements of individual trustees
- Know about the key legal requirements
- Understand the roles of the Chair, Treasurer and other trustee functions
- Understand how to have effective meetings
Sue has over 30 years’ experience in the voluntary sector. She has been a volunteer, a staff member and a CEO before starting her own consultancy where she specialises in governance and senior management issues. She is currently a Senior Consultant with NCVO (National Council of Voluntary Organisations).
£35 VCS – CVS members
£45 VCS - non members