Developing Your Earned Income
Finance and Fundraising
Who the course is for
It is increasingly important in today’s economic climate to maximise all opportunities that you have to raise income.
This course is aimed at those who are looking at new ways of funding programmes and exploring earned income opportunities for their charity. It will also be useful for those who are considering developing a social enterprise to support their charity’s programmes.
Whether you are funded by voluntary or statutory income you should explore the possibility of setting up your own earned income stream which will help you secure long-term, unrestricted funding for your charity.
This course will offer an introduction and help you to think about how your charity can start implementing this as a funding stream. You will be ensuring that the charity itself is doing well by doing even more good work.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Assess whether earned income is suitable for their charity, taking into account their mission, values, culture
- Use a range of creative tools to generate options and evaluate trading ideas
- Further develop their enterprise idea, including feasibility and market research
- Put in place an action plan to take their earned income opportunity forward.
- Gain valuable peer feedback on their enterprise idea!
Janine Edwards, FSI
Janine is a qualified teacher, with a wealth of experience in designing and developing outcome-based support solutions for clients in the public, private and charity sector. The FSI is a leading national provider of training and consultancy for charities.
£35 VCS – CVS members
£45 VCS - non members