Safeguarding Adults at Risk Level 1
Registration 9.30am, 10am start
Safeguarding (Adults and Children)
Who the course is for
***Includes key changes from The Care Act April 2015 that affects all VCS organisations***
For all staff and volunteers working in a voluntary sector social care environment and who have not attended a course within the last 2 years.
NB This course is relevant for safeguarding leads/designated persons, but does not provide all the training required for this role.
- How to define abuse and identify a vulnerable adult
- The legal framework (The Care Act) within which to operate as it applies to you
- How to identify if a vulnerable adult is being abused or exploited
- Who to talk to and what to do if you have concerns
- HCC multi-agency policy and procedures and your roles and responsibilities
- Identify the three key criteria of an adult at risk
- Name the key principles of safeguarding adults
- List at least 5 out of the 10 recognised types of abuse
- Specify at least three symptoms or indicators of abuse
- Differentiate the three key roles in safeguarding
Miriam is a PTLLS-trained experienced tutor, accredited by HCC to deliver Level 1 courses. She is also one of the HCF Training advisors.
£35 for CVS members
£45 non members