Food Safety in Catering (Level 2)
9.30, 9.15 Registration
Health and Safety
Who the course is for
Food safety is the responsibility of any staff or volunteers who are involved in the storage, preparation, cooking, serving and handling of food. The topics covered in this award are regarded by the Food Standards Agency as being important to maintaining good practice in the production of safe food.
This course has been developed and mapped to:
- Food Safety Act 1990
- Food Hygiene Regulations 2006
- Food Standards Agency: Safer Food Better Business
- The importance of food safety procedures, risk assessments, safe food handling
- Reporting food safety hazards
- Legal responsibilities of food handlers
- Personal hygiene
- Protective clothing
- Keeping the work area and equipment clean and tidy
- Keeping food safe
- Safe food handling
- Temperature controls
- Stock control
Participants completing this course will be able to:
- Explain how they can take personal responsibility for food safety
- Understand the importance of keeping themselves clean and hygienic
- Describe the importance of keeping food safe
Unique Training Solutions
Unique Training Solutions are a national provider of training courses and qualifications within Health, Housing and Social Care. They are an HCPA approved provider.
£35 VCS – CVS members
£45 VCS - non members
In addition delegates will have to pay a £15.20 exam fee.
Please, click here to book your place.
0300 123 1034.