Supervision and Appraisals
10.00, 9.45 Registration
Leadership and Management
Who the course is for
This half-day course will be suitable for anyone who has responsibility for supervising and/or appraising one or more people.
It would also be suitable for anyone who is interested in developing this as a skill for themselves or who is about to take on a new job which will involve supervision and/or appraisals
"The course gave me a structure and therefore confidence to carry out face to face appraisals"
"I feel more confident in my management of others and have a better understanding of how I am managed by others"
"It was a really useful training session and opened my eyes to some mistakes I have made in the past and things I can improve on"
- Identify what helps and hinders supervision.
- Identify what should, and should not, be covered in appraisals
- Problem solving
- Dealing with Poor Performance
- Action Planning
At the end of the course participants will have:
- Explored the practical skills required to be an effective supervisor.
- Had an opportunity to look at difficulties in the practice of supervision.
- Identified the differences between supervision and appraisal
- Identified further development
Sue has over 30 years’ experience in the voluntary sector and has during that time supervised and appraised more people than she can count. She started as a volunteer in a local charity and was, most recently, a Chief Executive of a charity before becoming a consultant and trainer. She brings a wealth of experience to her training.
£25 VCS - CVS members
£35 VCS - non members