The Price is Right! Costing Your Services
9.30, 9.15 Registration
Finance and Fundraising
Who the course is for
Many organisations, particularly those providing adult social care, are affected by personal budgets and direct payments. There is also an increasing need for voluntary and community groups to diversify their income by selling goods and services.
This training is suitable for managers and staff responsible for income generation, marketing and/or finance.
"It was a great short day training session well communicated"
This half day course will include:
- How to calculate direct and indirect costs for projects, activities and services
- The basics of full cost recovery and realistic pricing
- Case studies (including participants’ own services)
- Templates and resources provided to put the principles into practice
- Social return on investment
Participants completing this course will be able to:
- Understand the principles and practice of costing services realistically
- Appreciate factors that need to be considered in determining costs and prices
- Appreciate costs that are often forgotten when calculating costs for existing and/or new activities and services
- Put into practice what they have learnt in considering at least two case studies.
Robin has vast experience of the voluntary sector over the last 20 years. Although not a trained accountant, he has been working on drawing up and monitoring budgets, developing financial procedures and using full cost recovery principles for many years.
£25 VCS - CVS members
£35 VCS - non members