Building Sustainability: Introduction to Social Value
Finance and Fundraising
Who the course is for
This course is for staff, volunteers or trustees involved in fundraising who want to better understand the concept of social value and how it can be applied to demonstrate the difference their project or services make. It is particularly relevant for those looking for repeat or growth funding for their project.
Those booking a place should have completed HCF’s Get Fit for Funding and Creating Fundable Projects courses (or equivalent) or be able to demonstrate their experience in fundraising.
This 3 hour workshop will include:
- Overview of social value and social return on investment
- How the principles of social value can be applied to projects and services
- Consideration of the data required to estimate social value
- Use of social value in enhancing fundraising and marketing
- Opportunities for further study and resources available
The course will involve group work and practical exercises.
By completing this training you will be able to:
- Define Social Value and Social Return on Investment (SROI)
- Identify the 7 principles of Social Value
- Understand how to apply social value to your project and use in fundraising and marketing
- Consider how to progress your SROI practice and learning
Ian is the CEO of CVS Broxbourne and East Herts with nearly 20 years’ experience of supporting voluntary and community organisations with their funding and sustainability.
£25 VCS - CVS member
£35 VCS - non members
Please, click here to book your place.
0300 123 1034