Building Sustainability: Get Fit for Funding
Finance and Fundraising
Who the course is for
This is the first course in HCF’s Building Sustainability Foundation Series.
It is suitable for staff, trustees and volunteers new to fundraising or those with limited experience who want to gain a better understanding of what’s involved.
You will find out what is needed to get your organisation ready for fundraising, learn how to develop your “ask” and think about where the funding you need might come from.
Completion of this training will enable participants to progress to the “Creating Fundable Projects” course.
“I have learned what to focus on and what not to say!”
“I realised that I need to adapt my approach and my message while applying to grants and trusts.”
This half day session will cover:
- The key things your organisation needs to have in place to be able to start fundraising
- How to identify your organisation’s USP (unique selling point) and build a “case for support”
- Overview of range of fundraising methods, the skills required and the pros and cons of each
- Useful sources of information, inspiration and further support
By the end of the course, you will:
- Understand key organisational requirements for fundraising and identify any necessary actions needed to meet them
- Be able to articulate why your organisation deserves support
- Be aware of the key principles and methods of fundraising and which ones may be most suitable for your organisation
A qualified marketeer and fundraiser, Caroline has over 10 years’ experience in and around the voluntary sector. She has worked for both frontline charities and funding organisations, helping to support and fund hundreds of local organisations.
£25 VCS - CVS member
£35 VCS - non members
Please click here to book your place.