Building Sustainability: Focus on Trusts and Foundations
Finance and Fundraising
Who the course is for
With an estimated 9,000 independent trusts and foundations giving away billions of pounds each year, grants are a vital source of funding for many charitable organisations. This course is designed for those new to grant fundraising and those with some experience who want to develop, refresh or improve their skills in this area.
Those booking a place should have completed HCF’s Get Fit for Funding and Creating Fundable Projects courses (or equivalent) or be able to demonstrate their experience in fundraising
Using a combination of theory, group work and practical exercises, this half day session will help you understand:
- What foundations/trusts are and how they work
- How to research, plan and prepare your trust fundraising
- The 6 things you’ll need to include in every application
- How to give your application the best chance of success - best practice, top tips and common mistakes
- Success or rejection and what to do next
By the end of the session you should be able to:
- Identify sources of information on grant making trusts, and identify potential funders for your organisation/project
- Describe the key characteristics of strong applications and common reasons for rejection
- Understand the importance of relationships with your funders and how to build them
- Develop a basic trust fundraising plan for your organisation
A qualified marketeer and fundraiser, Caroline has over 10 years’ experience in and around the voluntary sector. She has worked for both frontline charities and funding organisations, helping to support and fund hundreds of local organisations.
£25 VCS – CVS members
£35 VCS - non members
Please click here to book your place.
01707 274 861