Marketing Your Group via Facebook and Twitter
9.30, 9.15 Registration
Marketing and Communications
Who the course is for
This course is for staff and volunteers with a basic working knowledge of Facebook and Twitter, who would like to learn more about how to use it effectively to promote their organisation. You will need to have active Facebook and Twitter accounts set up for your organisation.
It will be primarily focused on improving your knowledge of what kind of content you should be publishing on social media, and how to measure its impact so that future content can be tailored and improved upon.
"Used many of the hints and tips that Tom gave, e.g. time of day texting, analysis."
"Great introductory course"
- Introduction to social media as an effective marketing tool
- Effective use of branding
- Tweeting, hash tagging and uploading photos and videos
- What to post and when (including scheduling, looking at Hootsuite)
- Content and Engagement strategies
- Introduction to Analytics on Social Media, and what they’re useful for
Participants completing this course will:
- Know how Facebook and Twitter can be used as marketing tools
- Understand the top 10 things their charity should be doing on social media
- Be able to work out an appropriate engagement strategy for their charity
- Understand how analytics can be used to improve what content is shared via social media
Tom works for North Herts CVS. He runs courses on social media for small charities and community organisations. He also manages NHCVS’s IT and websites, and deals with GDPR compliance.
£25 VCS - CVS members
£35 VCS - non members