Raising Your Organisation’s Profile in the Media and Online
9.30, 9.15 Registration
Marketing and Communications
Who the course is for
Positive media and online coverage can help you raise awareness of your organisation while reaching thousands of prospective donors, service users and volunteers. What’s more, it’s usually entirely free.
This lively half day workshop will help those who would like to know more about how to work with the media and get press coverage for their organisation. And you will also learn how to harness the power of Facebook to further your cause.
"Very useful course which covered a lot of material in a short time"
"Very informative, good clear structure and good examples of good/poor practice"
Topics covered in this half day course:
- Recognising news values and “newsworthiness”
- Creating news stories and writing press releases
- Understanding how Facebook pages work
- Creating successful content for Facebook
Participants completing this course will learn:
- What journalists and editors look for in a storyHow to structure a press release
- How to maximize reach on Facebook
- How to create Facebook content that is likely to be seen and generate a response
James held a range of marketing and public relations roles in national charities, arts organisations and campaigns. His company, Caraway, helps organisations handle essential communications and marketing tasks
£25 VCS – CVS members
£35 VCS - non members
Please, click here to book your place.
Booking contact: firstname.lastname@example.org