Volunteer Recruitment: Writing Effective Role Descriptions
Volunteer Recruitment and Management
Who the course is for
This course is designed for anyone who needs to create a volunteer role description. It is suitable for trustees, managers or volunteer co-ordinators in organisations who involve volunteers.
Whether you are recruiting volunteers for the first time or looking to improve the effectiveness of your recruitment – this course will give you the knowledge and skills you need to feel confident in drawing up volunteer role descriptions.
There will be a step by step approach and practical individual and group exercises leading you towards developing your own volunteer role description.
This is a three hour course that will cover:
- Your starting point; what do you want volunteers to do
- What are volunteer role descriptions and why we need them
- Things to consider when planning volunteer roles
- What to include in your volunteer role description
- Getting started creating an awarding volunteer role
- Using the role description
- Know why we need role descriptions for volunteers
- Be able to identify the key components of a volunteer role description
- Understand how to create your own volunteer role descriptions
- Know how the volunteer role description fits in with your organisations overall volunteer programme
Karen works for #TeamHerts Volunteering - delivering events and training around the county. Previously Karen worked in local government and for Home-Start in Hertfordshire.
£25 VCS organisations
Please click here to book your place.
Or call 01462 689405